This course is only for parents. Students cannot register.
Trilogy Redmond Ridge Adult Basic Bridge Course - Basics and Play of the Hand in NoTrump
- Dictionary of Terms
- Lesson 1 Handout - Bridge Basics
- Introduction and High card Wins 18m 37s
- The Trump Suit 17m 50s
- Lesson 1 Presentation: Bridge Basics Core Concepts 23m 42s
- Lesson 1 Make up recording: Only watch if you missed class 47m 0s
- Lesson 2 Handout - Big Picture Hand Evaluation
- Suit Ranks and Bidding 18m 20s
- How to Win at Bridge 20m 5s
- Lesson 2 Hand Evaluation and Counting Sure Winners - Core Concepts 15m 41s
- Lesson 2 Make up recording: Only watch if you missed class 1h 22m 27s
- Lesson 3 Handout - Using Hand Strength to Determine Level
- Presentation - Using Hand Strength to Determine Level Core Concepts 20m 19s
- Lesson 3 Make up recording: Only watch if you missed class 1h 22m 26s
- Lesson 4 Handout - Play of the Hand in NT and Promotion
- Play of the Hand in NT Using Promotion 13m 0s
- Lesson 4 Make up recording: Only watch if you missed class 1h 19m 0s
- Handout: Winning Tricks with Small Cards
- Winning Tricks with Small Cards
- Lesson 5 Makeup: Watch only if you missed class.
- Lesson 6 Handout
- Winning Tricks with the Finesse
- Lesson 6 Makeup Watch Only if you missed class
- Lesson 7 Handout - Hold-up and Avoidance
- Holdup, Avoidance and Danger hand
- Lesson 6 Makeup Watch Only if you Missed Class
Do you know that Bill Gates and Warren Buffett play bridge to stay mentally sharp? Come and learn this challenging brain game and mind sport with us!
Bridge is a trick-taking card game using a standard 52-card deck. In its basic format, it is played by four players in two competing partnerships, with partners sitting opposite each other around a table. Millions of people play bridge worldwide in clubs, tournaments, online and with friends at home, making it one of the world's most popular card games.
Having fun is our primary goal. The BridgeWhiz course is delivered in modules. The first module covers the topics of table logistics, Play of the hand in Notrump and developing tricks using promotion, long suits and the finesse.
After the completion of this 8-week module you will have the opportunity to register for your first tournament. Graduating students are offered opportunities to continue lessons with the Basic Bridge Module 2 course.